Shimla Walks, a Walking Tour Company with its office based at Tumulous View, Nav Bahar, Shimla East accepts bookings subject to the following conditions. Except where expressly stated, these conditions only apply to tour arrangements booked by the client with ShimlaWalks and which ShimlaWalks agrees to make, provide or perform (as applicable) as part of their contract with the client. Please note, the information appearing in the itineraries in our website or in our brochure is true to our knowledge.
Your tour contract
The contract is between Shimla Walks and the client – as you – planning to travel on a tour operated by the us including any person who is added or substituted after booking. We both agree that India law (and no other) will apply to this contract and to any dispute, claim or other matter of any description which arises between us. We both also agree that any dispute, (and whether or not involving any personal injury) which arises between us must be dealt with by the Courts of India only. No employee of the Company other than a director has authority to vary or remove any of these terms. No promise of a discount or refund will be binding on us unless confirmed by us in writing.
To Secure your booking
(Please refer to Clause 17 “Late Bookings”)
To secure a booking, the Shimla Walks or their authorised travel agent must receive payment of the minimum deposit of 10% of the total tour price, per person, (or 50% of the total payment, per person, if booking within 60 days of the start of your tour or at an earlier stage for some tours). The balance of 50% of the payment shall be collected at the time of arrival in India. A higher deposit will be payable if any supplier(s) requires additional payment at the time of booking. All clients (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date), whether booking in person, by telephone, via our website, by e-mail or facsimile or by any other means, will be deemed to have agreed to the following four conditions:
- they have read and accepted our booking conditions and general information pages contained in our brochure and/or on our website.
- they appreciate and accept the risks involved in adventure travel.
- they do not suffer from any pre-existing medical condition or disability which may prevent them from actively participating in the tour – if any person suffers from any medical condition or disability which will or may affect their tour arrangements. In case you have any of these problems kindly inform us well in advance.
- the person making the booking must be at least 18 years of age. Any one below this age will not be taken as the participant without being accompanied by his / her guardian / parents/s.
- A booking is accepted and becomes confirmed from the date when Shimla Walks issues a confirmation information letter to the client. At this this point that a contract between the Company and the client comes into existence. Shimla Walks holds the right of increase of decrease the prices before your booking is confirmed.
Payment for your tour
You must pay 50% of the total payment of your tour at least before 60days of the commencement of the tour. Balance of the amount is to be paid when you arrive India. For some of the tours full payment is required at the time of the booking for which we shall inform you when you confirm the bookings. In the case you fail to make the balance by the due date, Shimla Walks reserves the right to treat your booking as cancelled and cancellation charges will apply. At the moment we accept payments only by Cheque or bank transfers or in cash.
If you cancel your booking
Cancellation charges are calculated from the day written or verbal notification is received by the Company. The cancellation charges shown below are those which will apply to most tours. However, some suppliers have conditions which require the payment of higher or different charges (including the imposition of 100% cancellation charges well in advance of the normal balance due date) which you will have to pay in the event of cancellation. You will be advised at the time of booking if this is the case for your tour.
- 60 and more days before tour start date – retention of deposit.
- 59-42 days before tour start date – 30% or retention of deposit if higher
- 41-28 days before tour start date – 60%
- 27-14 days before tour start date – 90%
- Less than 14 days before tour start date – 100%
If you have a complaint
Kindly inform the relevant supplier and the Company’s representative instantly. Fu ailure to complain on the spot may result in the client’s ability to claim compensation, if applicable, from the Company being extinguished or at least reduced.
Travel and cancellation insurance
Travel Insurance is mandatory for all clients travelling to India on a tour organised by Shmla Walks. Your personal belongings including your baggage is at all times solely at their own risk and also you are completely responsible for arranging your own insurance. Shimla Walks will not make any insurance for the clients or for their baggage. So during the trip, in case any accident takes place and you suffer any injury, death or any other loss of life or of luggage, then Shimla Walks cannot be held responsible not making any insurance.
Most of our tours are on land arrangement. We do not make any Air Bookings (Domestic or International. But in case you decided to travel by air within India, and not by train or road then you may ask us to reserve a seat for you, on extra payment. Otherwise you may also go online and book your own tickets as per the dates of your travels.
Tour participation and client responsibility
Kindly inform us at the time of making your bookings with us, if any medical condition or disability which may affect your active participation in your tour or the tour arrangements
If we change your tour
Before we design and advertise our tours we make a complete reconnaissance to make them. We do our best to operate all tours as advertised but still we reserve the rights to change and correct errors in any of the facilities, services, prices or itineraries. Although most changes are minor but sometime we have to make a significant change. In this case you will be informed as soon as reasonably possible.
For fixed departures we promise not to make any significant changes but as we do not own any of the accommodation units and the transport as they all are outsourced, so in case the supplier of these services has failed to fulfil his promise, in that case some significant changes are mandatory.
If we cancel your tour
- The Company reserves the right to cancel a tour in any circumstances but will not cancel a tour less than 6 weeks before the start of the tour
- For Fixed Departure Tours we require a minimum number of participants. If any tour does not have the minimum number of participants required to make it commercially viable, we are entitled to cancel it.
- Our responsibility for your tour
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that clients appreciate and accept the possible risks inherent in adventure travel and that they undertake the tours, treks or expeditions featured in our programme at their own volition.
We promise to make sure that the tour arrangements are provided with skill and care but :
We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (including loss possessions and loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following: –
- Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract.
- Any optional excursions or activities booked during your holiday will be on extra charges.
- Optional excursions and activities
- We, on requirement, can provide you with information about optional activities and excursions. In case you decide to take any of the services of some other supplier that you meet during the trip then you are solely responsible for any damages you suffer, due to him / her, in case.
- For the sake of safety and security of other participants of the trip, we cannot allow any outsider to be with the group, even on your request.
We do not control any train travel, air travel and road blocks. So in case there is any delay due to their changed schedule then we cannot be held responsible for it.