Pens & Brushes Detailed Description
- Here is your walking tour map of Pens and Brushes..
- Who says that Shimla has become a concrete forest? Allow us to take you to a Nature Walk that provides you with immense amount of Natural forest, and that is to the North face of the town. Let us descend to a trail that hides a great level of variety in its bosom. Pens because it starts from the house of Rudyard Kipling, an eminent writer who spent about three years of his youth in Shimla.
The trail passes through the house and the birth place of a legendary Hindi writer Nirmal Verma and Brushes because finally it finishes at an art gallery established by a living legend Mr. Sanat Chatterjee. Known for his longest paintings in the world (75 ft, 90 ft and 100 ft) on silk with water color Sanat Chatterjee and his son Him Chatterjee live there with their families.
This trail brings you directly in touch with the hill villages, brooks, rivulets, meadows, grasslands and forests. You may come across some wild life, pheasants, a variety of wild flowers and some local plants that grow widely on the slopes. As you finish the tour at the art gallery, you are taken around the tour of the art gallery and then you have an option to enjoy a lavish home cooked lunch, hosted by Him Chatterjee.
Your day while doing Pens & Brushes will be like
- Be ready at 9.30 am and our Guide will come to pick you up.
- You drive to the starting point and start your walk along with the Guide.
- It takes, depending upon your pace, nearly 3 to 4 hours to reach the Art Gallery.
- It will take half an hour to take a tour to the art gallery that is followed by lunch.
- Relax for some time and then in case you want you can have a stroll to the Chandwik Falls, a kilometre from the gallery and return.
- Drive back to the hotel.
Nearly full day
Total Distance you walk
Price for 1 – 4 people traveling together is INR 3500/- and for Extra Person INR 600/- per person
Kids below 5 yrs are not liable for any kind of charge
The Above Cost includes
- A well conversed English Speaking Guide who holds a good knowledge this Walk.
- A Mineral Water bottle for everyone in the group
- Light snacks like Chocolates and Chips
The Above Cost does not includes
Though Lunch is Optional, it can be arranged. You can have it @ INR 700/- per person.
A Vehicle will be required to reach this walk. A Jeep (Innova) can be arranged @ INR 3000/- per vehicle.