This walk has the ability to leave you spellbound with its beauty. Sleeping Beauty, a walk towards Bharari.
Starting from the Ridge of Shimla we walk thought the famous Lakkar Bazaar and then towards Longwood. The view from here towards north is spell bound. Pass some of the oldest houses built by the British and some of them are left by their present descendant to deteriorate. But still the keep an attraction for many due to their architecture and location. Many times the presence of leopards has been recorded in and around these buildings. They provide shelter to some wildlife, flying fox, stray dogs or to some itinerant sadhu.
Here you will see a number of old houses, forest and a few villages. Some new construction on the way might irritate you but a visit to a small wooden temple that is a marvellous example of hill architecture is an attraction for many. Some possibility is there of coming across wildlife or pheasants in the area, but generally the laughter of school children, gossip from village shops, chirping birds and people chatting in some old houses will attract your attraction during the walk.
Your day while doing Pens & Brushes will be like
- Kindly be ready at 9.30 am at your hotel and our Guide will come to pick you up.
- You drive to the starting point, the Ridge ground.
- Follow the guide and walk through Lakkar Bazaar.
- This walk covers many of the old houses of Shimla, built during the intial years of its settlement.
- Take your time to click them and ask our guide their history.
- Retun to the Mall Road for lunch / drink.
Total Distance you walk
Price for 1 – 4 people traveling together is INR 2000/- and for Extra Person INR 500/- per person
Kids below 5 yrs are not liable for any kind of charge
The Above Cost includes
- A well conversed English Speaking Guide who holds a good knowledge this Walk.
- A Mineral Water bottle for everyone in the group
- Light snacks like Chocolates and Chips
The Above Cost does not includes
Though Lunch is Optional, it can be arranged.
Vehicle (Innova Jeep) : if Required – Rs. 2500/- per jeep
PO – Bharari
Shimla – 171001
Contact Numbers :
Office Mobile : +919459519620, +919817141099, +917018703170
Landline : +91-177-2810817
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Skype : sumitrvashisht
Send us an Email