- Here is your walking tour map of Spine Line Trail..
- The forest is all for you, the trails are all for you and the landscape is all for you. The level of the variety of the hill life, the wilderness, the tranquillity and the visual delight this trail offers is beyond explanation. You start from the President’s retreat and descend to a village, pass a school, walk through a forest followed by a temple, then again some forested trails and finally get ready to have a dip in the river.
The driver leaves near the top of the mountain where the catchment area lies to your south. Starting from the head of the mountain we follow the North Slope till the bottom of the hill and so it is named as Spine line trail. You just have to descend and we have to descend through a forested trail. We small village with a tiny bazaar with a few shops – selling all sorts of goods of daily need, a big sized hotel, a school and some new coming up houses followed by a thick Cedar forest are the brightest insignias of this trail. A vast ground with a wooden temple is the venue of an annual fair that is further on followed by another levelled forested path. If you still have strength in your legs the trail might take you down to river Thaila for a mild swim. So take a pair to change or a bikini.
Here the driver waits for your with your picnic lunch near the river.
Your day while doing Spine Line Trail will be like
- Kindly be ready at 8.30 am at your hotel and our Guide will come to pick you up.
- You drive to the starting point that is nearly 12 kilometres to the north east of Shimla.
- Follow the trail and a 45 minutes leisure walk will take you to a village called Mashobra.
- Keep going and it takes you nearly three hours to reach your destination.
- Walk down to the river Thaila and the driver waits for you with your packed lunch to have near the river.
- Take your time to play around or swim in the river. Drive back to hotel is for nearly two hours.
Nearly full day
Total Distance you walk
Price for 1 – 4 people traveling together is INR 3500/- and for Extra Person INR 600/- per person
Kids below 5 yrs are not liable for any kind of charge
The Above Cost includes
- A well conversed English Speaking Guide who holds a good knowledge this Walk.
- A Mineral Water bottle for everyone in the group
- Light snacks like Chocolates and Chips
The Above Cost does not includes
Pack Lunch : (Rs. 250/- per person)
Vehicle (Innova Jeep) : Required – Rs. 3000/- per jeep.