Private Tour of Viceroy’s Forest
Shimla was ruled by indirectly by the Britsh but was the seat of the Imperial Government during the Raj. The erstwhile dynasties around Shimla, twenty seven in total, were the hosts of the British Aristocrats. They used to organise the hunting expeditions and picnics for them.
This forest walk that we have named as Viceroy’s Forest was the hunting grounds for the British officers. The rulers of Dhami – the erstwhile hosted them and provided all level of support. Dhami was and is known for tis thick virgin forests and some of the areas are still in touched. We drive to Dhami and begin our walk from there. The forest is also full of birds and pheasants.
Want to take yourself to the bygone era and have the feel of the colonial holidays in nature? Drive for an hour to the starting point and suddenly find yourself in narrow valley where greenery is the primary aspect of the region. There are fields, hamlets, a rivulet and dense forests. Leave the car there and now follow the instruction from your guide.
You will be crossing some of pat where the forest is extremely dense and the silence is your only companion. Sit on a rock or a fallen tree and close your eyes to feel the silence. You have enough time to enjoy the nature so try to absorb as much as possible and fill yourself with its love for you.
Your day in the Viceroy’s Forest with us will be like
- 9.30 am : We pick your from our Hotel and drive to the Forest.
- 10.30 am : Reach the starting point and start the walk.
- 02.00 Finish the walk and return to the gate.
- 01.00 After the walk we drive back to the hotel and drop you there.
Please Note :
1. We will carry some light snacks for you to have on the way.
2. Please do not damage the plants and trees.
3. Please do not carry any weapons inside the forest.
4. Please do not make any noise.
5. Please do now litter around inside the forest.
6. There are chances to come across some wildlife and birdlife such as ghoral, hog deer, birds, pheasants etc.
Note : The walk in the Viceroy’s Forest will not be conducted during monsoon months (15th July to 25th September) and on any rainy day
Nearly half day
Total Distance you walk
Price for 1 – 4 people traveling together is INR 3500/-
Price for Extra Person INR 600/- per person
Price for the Innova Car : Rs. 3000/-
Kids below 10 yrs are not liable for any kind of charge
The Above Cost includes
In case you have your own vehicle kindly let us know.
- A well conversed English Speaking Guide who holds a good knowledge on the forest
- A Mineral Water bottle for everyone in the group
- Light snacks like Chocolates and Chips, Mineral water, Juice
The Above Cost does not includes
Lunch or any other meals.
We have compiled here few frequently asked questions for your reference
What is the total time taken to complete Shimla Heritage Walk:
It takes nearly full day.
What are the timings?
09:30 AM to 03:00 PM
What is the starting meeting point?
We are meeting at Your Hotel Lobby in Shimla.
Please note in case you are staying at some hotel in Shimla that is out of the town, you will require a vehicle to reach the starting point of this Heritage Walk.
Lunch with a local Royal family of Dhami dynasty : Rs. 2500/- per person. For more details kindly click here.
Is this package valid for the whole year?
This package is available throughout the year except the monsoon months and on rainy days.
Any other things I need to take care?
Dress casually, carry a water bottle, wear sunglasses, and walking shoes.