Shimla Forest Reserve Sanctuary is one of the thickest forests in this part of Himalaya. The area of the forest was selected in during the Raj by the British government. This was the area that supplied water to the town. Today this Forest Reserve Sanctuary has been opened for the tourists. The forests offer ultimate walking trails through the woods. This is one of the best areas to enjoy nature.
Wish to enjoy nature at its peak? Come with us and enjoy the tranquillity of the forest. A major part of Shimla’s Forest Reserve Sanctuary is still a virgin forest. The British protected it in a great way. They did some human activities in the forest but without making any damage to the ecology. The water tank built in the forest by the British Government still provide water to the town and some of the areas of the forest are still untouched. Here you will have the actual a feel of nature and peace. Just adjacent to Shimla town to the South Eastern side, the forest is the home of many species of wildlife and flora & fauna. Also this play a major role in the eco system of the area.
You may visit the forest on foot or on a bicycle. Our well trained Nature Guides and the Navigators make your day full of enjoyment and bring you close to nature. Inform us well in advance and we are there to make the necessary arrangement for you.
Your day in the Forest Reserve Sanctuary with us will be like
- 9.30 am : We pick your from our Hotel and drive to the Forest.
- 10.00 am : Reach the gate and start the walk.
- 01.00 Finish the walk and return to the gate.
- 01.00 After the walk we drive back to the hotel and drop you there.
Please Note :
1. Inside the Sanctuary eatable are not allowed.
2. Please do not damage the plants and trees.
3. Please do not carry any weapons inside the forest.
4. Please do not make any noise inside the sanctuary.
5. Please do now litter around inside the sanctuary.
6. No vehicles are allowed inside the forest.
7. There are chances to come across some wildlife and birdlife such as ghoral, hog deer, birds, pheasants etc.
8. Picnics are not allowed in the forest.
Note : The Sanctuary Walk shall not be conducted on Monday and on all other National Holidays.
Nearly half day
Total Distance you walk
Price for 1 – 4 people traveling together is INR 3500/- and for Extra Person INR 600/- per person
Price for the Innova Car : Rs. 3000/-
Kids below 10 yrs are not liable for any kind of charge
The Above Cost includes
Vehicle if required can be arranged (Innova Jeep @ Rs. 3000/- Approx.) per day on demand.
- A well conversed English Speaking Guide who holds a good knowledge on the forest
- A Mineral Water bottle for everyone in the group
- Light snacks like Chocolates and Chips, Mineral water, Juice
The Above Cost does not includes
Entry fee to the any of the Heritage Buildings which includes
Gaiety Theatre Rs. 10 (Indians), Rs. 25 (Foreigners) & Camera Fee Rs. 25
Viceregal Lodge Rs. 30 (Indians), Rs. 65 (Foreigners) &
(and No Cameras Usage is allowed here)
We have compiled here few frequently asked questions for your reference
What is the total time taken to complete Shimla Heritage Walk:
It takes nearly full day.
What are the timings?
10:00 AM to 03:00 PM
What is the starting meeting point?
We are meeting at Your Hotel Lobby in Shimla.
Please note in case you are staying at some hotel in Shimla that is out of the town, you will require a vehicle to reach the starting point of this Heritage Walk.
Is this package valid for the whole year?
This package is available throughout the year except Mondays, Holi, Deiwali, Independence Day (15th August) and on Republic Day (26th January).
Any other things I need to take care?
Dress casually, carry a water bottle, wear sunglasses, and walking shoes. Do not forget to carry an umbrella and a raincoat during the monsoon.